* * * 20 ratings
This warm apple pound cake recipe makes a wonderful treat when the temperature drops.
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 (21 ounces) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Vanilla or cinnamon ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice pound cake in half horizontally. Place the two halves in an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Combine apple pie filling and spices in a medium bowl.
- Spoon apple mixture over pound cake. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warm. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.