Please the coconut lover in the house with this moist, delicious dessert recipe.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- sliced bananas (optional)
- Remove lid; leave pound cake in aluminum pan. Using a long skewer, poke holes into cake every 1/2-inch, wiping skewer occasionally, if needed.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the whipping cream, condensed milk and coconut milk in a 2 cup measuring cup or medium bowl; mixing thoroughly.
- Pour 1/2 cup of milk mixture over cake; allow to absorb into cake.
- Add remaining milk mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing to absorb into cake each time.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight to allow milk mixture to absorb into cake.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled mixing bowl on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Remove cake from pan; discard any excess milk in pan.
- Place on a serving plate.
- Frost top and sides with whipping cream.
- Sprinkle top with toasted coconut.
- Cut into 8 slices. Serve with banana, if desired.
Tip for a lighter version: Substitute Sara Lee® Free and Light Pound Cake for regular Pound Cake, ½ cup 1% milk for whipping cream, fat free sweetened condensed milk and lite coconut milk for full fat equivalents. Frost cake with lite frozen whipped topping instead of whipping cream.