Grand Prize Winner - This decadent trifle features pound cake layered with coconut cream pudding, bananas, pineapple, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Prep Time :
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 (8 ounces) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant coconut or banana cream pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flavored rum divided
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 3 bananas thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut toasted
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple; reserving juice.
- Place pudding mix, whipping cream, sour cream, sugar, reserved pineapple juice and 1 tablespoon of the coconut rum in a large bowl. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut rum and ice cream topping in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until warmed.
- Layer pound cake cubes in 4 Martini or dessert glasses. Drizzle caramel topping mixture over pound cake. Top with coconut cream mixture and bananas.
- Garnish with pineapple tidbits, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
Cook’s Tip: Substitute 1 teaspoon rum extract for coconut flavored rum. This recipe also works well in a Trifle Bowl.
Submitted by: Jeanette N. of Sophia, West Virginia