* * * ½ 6 ratings
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
Chill Time: 60 min
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 (4 serving) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounces) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans plus additional pecan halves for garnish, if desired
- Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Combine milk and pudding in a large bowl; mixing until well blended. Let stand 2-5 minutes or until pudding thickens. Stir in pumpkin and pie spice; mixing until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and chopped pecans.
- Frost bottom layer with pumpkin mixture. Place second layer on top and frost with pumpkin mixture. Top with third layer; frost cake with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Top with pecan halves, if desired. Refrigerate at least 1-4 hours, before serving.
- Cut into 8 slices to serve.
Adapted from 2012 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Rachel H. of Saint Charles, Missouri