* * ½ 13 ratings
Top your pound cake with almonds and this sweet sauce for texture and flavor you’ll love.
- 1 (10.75 ounces) Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted almond slices (optional)
- Combine chocolate chips and cream in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Serve over pound cake slices (1 pound cake slice with about 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce). Sprinkle with almond slices, if desired.