This fun recipe combines two sweet favorites—cake and lollipops! Start with pound cake squares and dip in chocolate, then decorate them however you like. A fun treat at parties!
- Prep Time :
- 1 (16 ounces) package
- 1 (12 ounces) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- assorted cookies crushed
- assorted candies crushed
- assorted sprinkles
- 20-25 lollipop sticks
- Trim the top, bottom and sides of the pound cake just enough to remove the golden brown pieces. Slice the trimmed pound cake into1-inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Spear each cube with a lollipop stick or a skewer to make a lollipop. Freeze 1-2 hours.
- When ready to dip and decorate the pops, place each type of sprinkles, crushed candies and crushed cookies into separate bowls.
- Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until chocolate starts to melt. Stir until chips are completely melted. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until chocolate is melted.
- Working quickly, dip each pound cake pop into the chocolate, roll in desired sprinkles, crushed candy or cookies. Place back onto cookie sheet(s). Chill until firm, about 1 hour.