Your kids will love this dessert because it looks like their favorite side dish—French Fries! Make a quick dipping sauce to use as “ketchup.”
- Prep Time :
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Trim the top, bottom and sides of the pound cake just enough to remove the golden brown pieces. Slice the trimmed pound cake into1/2-inch thick slices. Cut each slice into ½-inch strips. These are the “fries.”
- If using frozen raspberries, defrost them. Place berries, sugar and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and puree until completely blended. Strain through a mesh sieve to catch raspberry seeds.
- Serve the pound cake with the raspberry sauce on the side for dipping.