* * * * 16 ratings
Make delicious French toast using thick, sweet Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake.
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Slice pound cake into twelve slices (about ½-inch thick.)
- Whisk eggs, cream, extracts and spices in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Dip each pound cake slice into egg mixture making sure to coat all sides, shaking off excess batter into bowl.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pound cake slices to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Confectioner’s sugar and top with fresh fruit or maple syrup, if desired.