* * * * 3 ratings
Create this decorative, and delicious, flower pot in minutes.
- 2 packages Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 3 assorted fresh fruits (oranges, strawberries and star fruit shown)
- 1 pound bag green grapes
- 1 egg white large
- 1 1/3 cup powder sugar sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops assorted food coloring
- 1 bag wooden skewers
- 1 decorative flower pot or basket
- floral foam to hold skewers in place
- Trim the top, bottom and sides of the pound cake just enough to remove the golden brown pieces. Slice the trimmed pound cake in half horizontally making it into two even, approximately 1” thick, sheets.
- Press the flower cookie cutters into the sheets to form flowers.
- To make the frosting, in a mixer add 1 egg white, 1 1/3 cups sifted powder sugar and ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract on medium setting until firm and can maintain stiff peaks. Mix 2-3 drops of food coloring into the white frosting to turn desired color.
- Spread frosting onto the top and sides of each flower and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Place in freezer to set at least one hour before sliding onto skewers.
- Fill flowering pot with foam and position each flower in pot at varying heights.
- Cut oranges into wedges and fold back half of the peel. Curl fold around finger and slide onto skewer. Position at varying heights in bouquet.
- Slice star fruit and slide onto skewer. Position between flowers.
- Arrange grapes at base of flower pot.