- 1 (16 ounce) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Slice pound cake into 3 slices lengthwise. Place on a cutting board and cut using a 3 inch round cookie cutter; cut 3 circles from each slice; cut each circle horizontally in half making 18 circles.
- Place circles in a single layer on an ungreased, large-sized baking sheet(s). Brush circles with melted butter.
- Bake 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool completely.
- Place cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on the bottom of 9 toasted pound cake circles. Top with remaining circles forming whoopie pies.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. Dip one end of each whoopie pie into melted chocolate; then dip in peanuts. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Cook’s Tip: To make 18 mini Whoopie pies use a 1-inch cookie cutter, cut pound cake into 18 circles. Cut each circle in half making 36 circles.Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Jamie J. of Madison, Georgia