- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- 1 (16 ounce) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Slice pound cake into 3 slices lengthwise. Place on a cutting board, cut using a 3 inch round cookie cutter; cut 3 circles from each slice; cut each circle horizontally in half making 18 circles.
- Place circles in a single layer on an ungreased, large-sized baking sheet(s). Brush circles with melted butter.
- Bake 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool completely.
- Place cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on the bottom of 9 toasted pound cake circles. Top with remaining circles forming whoopie pies.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. Dip one end of each whoopie pie into melted chocolate; then dip in peanuts. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Cook’s Tip: To make 18 mini Whoopie pies use a 1-inch cookie cutter, cut pound cake into 18 circles. Cut each circle in half making 36 circles.
Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Jamie J. of Madison, Georgia