* * * ½ 35 ratings
Turn your pound cake into this familiar favorite.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- In bowl of electric mixer using paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, butter, confectioner’s sugar, orange extract, orange juice and zest of half of an orange until smooth.
- Meanwhile, create glaze by bringing sugar and water to a boil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Peel half of an orange with a vegetable peeler being careful to avoid the white part of the orange.
- Add orange peels and reduce to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove peels from glaze, roll in sugar and let dry for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining orange glaze over top of pound cake.
- Spread orange cream on top and sides of cake. Add coconut flakes if desired.
- Garnish top of cake with slices of remaining orange, a sprinkle of orange zest and a few candied orange peels.