* * * 8 ratings
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup chocolate sauce (or 1 cup chocolate chips, melted)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Cut pound cake horizontally into 2 layers.
- Using a fluted or round cookie cutter, cut pound cake into circles.
- Using the tip of a spoon or your thumb, make indent in the center of each round shape.
- Fill a sandwich bag with caramel sauce and then snip a very small corner off of the bag. Using this bag, fill each circle with caramel. Make sure to leave some of the cake showing on the edge as the crust.
- Using a new sandwich bag, repeat the above process with melted chocolate chips or chocolate sauce. Drizzle across the caramel sauce.
- Top the pound cake pie with chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips.
Adapted from 2012 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by David D. of Clifton Park, New York