* * * ½ 8 ratings
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- 1 package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup margarita mix
- 1/2 cup tequila or water
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Coarse green baking sugar and fresh lime slices (optional)
- Remove lid; leave pound cake in aluminum pan. Using a long skewer, poke holes into cake every 1/2-inch, wiping skewer occasionally, if needed.
- Place margarita mix and tequila or water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin; stir until completely dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Pour over cake. Cover loosely. Refrigerate 3 hours or until gelatin is set.
- Remove cake from pan; discard any gelatin mixture. Place on a serving plate. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Cut into slices and garnish with green sugar and lime slices, if desired.
Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Linda C. of Mahomet, Illinois