- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- 1 package Sara Lee® Frozen Lemon Pound Cake, thawed
- 1/2 133 strawberry or raspberry basalmic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 133 strawberries, stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 133 crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cut pound cake into 8 slices. Spray a Panini press with cooking spray. Toast pound cake in Panini press or in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle strawberries with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Place toasted pound cake on serving plates. Top each slice with strawberries and goat cheese. Drizzle with vinegar mixture and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Elizabeth S. of Decatur, Alabama