* * * * 4 ratings
Make these fun dessert skewers for a new take on kabobs.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 fresh cantaloupe cubed
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 per kabob)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (toasted, optional)
- 1 cup yogurt (optional)
- Slice pound cake, pineapple and cantaloupe into approximately 1 inch chunks and place on skewers, alternating cake and fruit.
- Meanwhile, to create the sauce, bring rum, brown sugar and vanilla to a slow boil and reduce heat to simmer until alcohol is reduced.
- Brush each kabob with rum sauce and sprinkle with coconut.
- Place skewers on clean, hot grill and heat on each side just until golden, 2-3 minutes. If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in a bowl of water for 30 minutes before placing on hot grill.
- *Place a bowl of vanilla yogurt on the side for dipping.