- Prep Time :
- 1 (16 ounce) package Sara Lee ® Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 6 (1/2 inch) slices fresh pineapple, cored
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- Cut pound cake into 12 slices.
- Grill pineapple slices over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Brush both sides of pound cake with melted butter. Grill over medium heat 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1 slice of pound cake on 6 serving plates. Top each with pineapple ring, dollop of whipped cream, another slice of pound cake and additional whipped cream. Drizzle each serving with caramel sauce; sprinkle with salt and pecans. Serve immediately.
Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Suzanne B. of Basking Ridge, New Jersey