* * * ½ 8 ratings
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder, divided
- 1/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons English toffee bits, divided
- Cut pound cake lengthwise into 3 layers. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Bring 1/2 cup of the whipping cream just to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips; let stand 3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of the espresso powder; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool 15 minutes.
- Place remaining 1 cup whipping cream, sugar, remaining 3 teaspoons espresso powder and vanilla into a chilled mixing bowl; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble cake, place bottom layer of cake onto a serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of the cream filling and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the toffee bits. Repeat 2 times.
- Drizzle ganache mixture over cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon toffee bits, if desired. Freeze for 30 minutes or until chocolate sets. Cut into slices to serve. Store wrapped in the freezer.
Adapted from 2013 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Patricia R. of Winchester, Virginia