* * * ½ 3 ratings
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake
- 16 ounces chocolate almond bark
- crushed cookies (such as chocolate-cream filled sandwich cookies or shortbread cookies), candy sprinkles, colored sugar
- Trim the top, bottom and sides of the pound cake just enough to remove the golden brown pieces. Slice the trimmed pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Freeze until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- When ready to dip and decorate the bites, place each type of sprinkles, crushed cookies and colored sugars into separate bowls.
- Place almond bark in a large glass bowl or measuring cup. Microwave on High for 90 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Working quickly, dip each pound cake bite into the melted almond bark; sprinkle each with desired sprinkles, crushed cookies or sugar. Place back onto cookie sheet(s). Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Adapted from 2012 Sara Lee Recipe Contest submission by Mary L. of Columbia, South Carolina
6 servings (6 bites each)