This dessert bruschetta features pound cake slices topped with cherry pie filling, a sweet mascarpone cream and a touch of basil.
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 (8 ounces) container mascarpone cheese softened
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Slice the pound cake into twelve slices about 1/4-inch thick; set aside.
- Beat mascarpone cheese, sugar and cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the chocolate hazelnut spread into a resealable plastic bag and microwave on High until warmed. Cut the tip of one corner of the bag and drizzle the spread over the cake slices.
- Spoon pie filling over the top of the cake slices. Top with the mascarpone mixture.
- Toss together chopped basil and the sugar until basil is lightly coated. Sprinkle basil over bruschetta and serve.
Submitted by: Leah L. of Ada, Oklahoma